Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Writing the Past is Moving Camps!

Hello everyone! I hope your summer is going well and that you are all getting the chance to travel to some amazing places and read some amazing books.

A lot has been happening on my end of things, lots of writing, new ideas, and some summer travelling.

The biggest thing I wanted to share with all of you today is that the Writing the Past blog will be moving to a new, more permanent outpost.

These past weeks I’ve been building the Eagles and Dragons Publishing website and now, it’s finally complete. The ditches are dug and now surround the solid stone walls and buildings where the legion will muster. The new link is:




I’ve enjoyed my Blogger site. I’ve actually been on it for over 5 years.

But you can only do so much with Blogger, and I wanted to create something that looks a little less cluttered. I also wanted my own domain. Google owns Blogger, and in the terms that are set out, they own all of your content too. If Google ever wanted to pull the plug on Writing the Past, there wouldn’t be anything I could do about it.

Mainly, I want the flexibility a proper website with different pages has to offer. I wanted a better experience for you, as readers and visitors, and for me as the owner and administrator.

The good news is that the Writing the Past blog will remain the same. I’ll stick to the same schedule for posts.

Comments should be easier too on the new site, so please do comment when you feel the urge. I do love our interactions!



For those of you who are subscribed to the mailing list, you won’t need to do anything. If all goes well, the RSS feed to your inboxes should transfer seamlessly from the old site to the new.

If you do stop receiving blog posts to your inbox, please let me know ASAP and we’ll remedy the situation.

On the new website there is a Contact Form where you can fill in the details to e-mail me about anything any time.

I would like to hear from all of you about what sort of content you would like to see on the blog. Tell me what historical topics you would like to know more about, and whether you would like to hear more about my research and writing processes, or more frequent updates on works in progress.

The new website has a special excerpts page where large excerpts of my books can be read. In future, I’ll also post some sneak peeks of works that have not yet been released.

It’s all very exciting, but the move from this site is, I suppose, bitter sweet. After five years here, there is a lot of content that will be hanging about. I will repost some of it on the new site, such as the World of Children of Apollo, which many of you more recent subscribers may not have read.


So, for now, thank you for sticking with me for so long on Blogger. I’m very much looking forward to welcoming you, and interacting with you, at the new Eagles and Dragons website!

Cheers, and thank you for reading.


See you on the other side!





3 comments:

Jessica world smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica world smith said...

Often, if you have a more general understanding of the topic in question, it makes it easier to include analysis of its structure or other components which are common to that genre. For more ideal details about dissertation & thesis, pop over to these guys.

Alina jones said...

Another advantage of using dissertation outline template is that they help save time and effort since they contain all the information that you might ever need, including tables, charts, graphs, and additional pictures.