Sunday, March 2, 2014

Eagles and Dragons - The Mixed Bag Post

The last few weeks have been like prep for a military campaign into the wilds of Dacia, or some such place.

Releasing a new book can be exhausting, a logistical nightmare. But it's also exciting, especially when early input from beta readers has been so favourable. I know it has been a long time since the launch of Children of Apollo, so I am grateful that you have stuck with me. It won't take as long for the release of Book III, I can tell you.

There are a few things I wanted to update you on.



Killing the Hydra

First of all, last week I released the book trailer for Killing the Hydra - Eagles and Dragons Book II. You can watch it right here:


If you are saying to yourself that 'most of those paintings are representations of scenes from Homer', you are correct. It is not completely unrelated to the story as you will find out if you read Killing the Hydra.

Killing the Hydra will be released this coming Friday, March 7th, in e-book and paperback on both Amazon and Kobo at an introductory special. More details to come on that…


Children of Apollo 

In the run-up to the release of Book II, I've put the e-book of Children of Apollo - Eagles and Dragons Book I on special offer until March 6th.

If you haven't read it, and if your curiosity is piqued, do be sure to take advantage and download your copy.

Is is available for FREE from Kobo at the following link: http://store.kobobooks.com/en-CA/ebook/children-of-apollo-1

Kobo e-books can be read on their own e-readers as well as iPads, iPhones, Android devices,
computers and any other tablets. You can also get the free Kobo reading apps here: http://www.kobo.com/apps?___store=ca-en&style=onestore

Children of Apollo is also discounted to .99 cents on Amazon for Kindle e-readers HERE. I should also note that I've ensured that whenever someone purchases the paperback of any of my books from Amazon, they can get the e-book version as well, for free.

I'm really proud of this series and how it is evolving. I'm also very grateful to those who have taken the time to write a review on-line, which is always very important in helping other readers to find the books.

English Historical Fiction Authors

For the blog post this week, I was invited to write a guest post for a wonderful website called English Historical Fiction Authors.

This is a site that is well worth subscribing to if you are a fan of various periods in history. They are always posting new content by a wide range of wonderful authors. So, it is definitely an honour for me to have been invited to post.

If you are curious about the research for Eagles and Dragons Book III, you'll want to read my post called From the Sands of Africa to a Hidden Frontier in Roman Britain.

In it, I discuss the research for Warriors of Epona and how the archaeology of a little-known Roman frontier in Scotland must play a part in the story. This is a sort of work-in-progress sneak peak. 

The folks at English Historical Fiction Authors have asked me back for another post in April, so I am looking forward to that too.

That's all for now. Thank you, as ever, for reading and I'll see you on the other side of launch week!


No comments: